Homecoming Committee Perks
- FREE tickets to all Homecoming events
- FREE Homecoming swag
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- Insider Homecoming knowledge
- FUN planning and meeting new students on the committee
Homecoming Committee Expectations:
Estimated Time Commitment:
3-5 hours per week
Term of office:
Fixed one-year. Beginning the first week of May
Homecoming committee members work to create and implement a three day Homecoming celebration. Committee members are part of a 10-15 team who work together to produce social and service events that foster a stronger University tradition.
Committee members are required to attend all weekly committee meetings, any specially called meetings, all staff training activities and volunteer at Homecoming events. Committee member positions are a one-year commitment beginning the first week in May and one must reaffirm each year to remain on a team.
Responsibilities of a committee member include, but are not limited, to:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and remain in good standing with the UMSL Student Conduct & Community Standards
- Communicating with respective chair and other committee members to advance projects to successful completion
- Working collectively with committee members to fulfill the components of Homecoming programming
- Volunteering at and managing respective Homecoming events.
- Coordinating and facilitating cross-organization collaboration with other UMSL student groups to successfully execute the UMSL mission.
Marketing/ Campus Relations
Concentrates on developing creative ways to publicize and promote Homecoming events. Collaborates with other student groups and the UMSL community to increase participation during Homecoming.
Works with UMSL Royalty candidates and student groups to implement successful Homecoming Royalty elections.
Creates and promotes Triton Spirit Competition to student groups on campus to encourage school spirit and participation in Homecoming activities.
Creates and implements Homecoming events and activities for all students, faculty, staff, and alumni during Homecoming. Events include Homecoming Dinner & Dance, Leaders & Luminaries, window painting, Homecoming service, Chili Feed, and more!